The Art of Being A Bachelor

I have almost but perfected the art of bachelorism. I'm getting better at kitchen duties and the task of doing my own laundry is no longer a duty but a delight. For some odd reason, my bed has only one pillow on it which immediately informs any woman who chance to visit that there's only room for one. Of course, there's the occasional lonely nights, but more often than not, I'm simply more than happy to go to bed in the arms of a really good book.

Life is quite simple as a bachelor; you tend to get-on pretty well. You eat simple meals and have fewer visits. This is because people seldom visit a bachelor because they know he eats-out most of the time and would likely not have food at home. Lol

Also, single women adore bachelors I've come to understand; but they loathe a comfortable one. Recently, I went out to buy bread on a very cold morning at a store not too far from my house. There, I met a pretty young lady who kept staring at me. At that moment all I could think about was the pleasure I'd derive from my nice cup of tea so I took little notice of her. It was only after reaching home that I realised that I've seen that look before! It's the look girls give guys when they imagine all the naughty things they'd like to do to him or rather have him do to them. Yet, in that glorious moment, all I could think of was a cup of tea!

Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that as good as I may have become in the art of being a bachelor, I really need a woman in my life. And since the chances of me going out of my way to 'razzle' one for myself is pretty slim, as you have just seen for yourself, I wouldn't mind for a blind date.

So, if you have a nice sister, friend, neighbour colleague, who is single and willing to mingle, please hook her up with this old lonely bachelor. Who knows, we might end up being each other's missing ribs. Lol.. 

Comments