The Game Of Life

How can we know what will work unless we're willing to try? How can we change when we are afraid of change itself? How can we learn how to do it right, when we're not ready to do it wrong at first? 

Many times I've come up with experiments with myself that have failed again and again, but that has never stopped me from trying. And as long as I live, I'd keep trying; I'd keep on experimenting untill I get it done. It was Ralph Waldo Emerson who said,“all life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better”.

I always tell people: the world is your laboratory. Live a life of continuous experiment with yourself! We must realize that life is a game and we must play it to the best of our ability. It's not about how much money you've got or how many people serve you, how many mansions you have or material property you possess. It's about playing the game of life and playing it with all your heart. 

So what if you win or lose? It doesn't matter anyway. All of life is an adventure not a destination. Most people spend their entire life worrying about their arrival. I don't want to arrive — I want to learn, grow and be all that I can be. The truth is, none of us truly arrives. None of us ever becomes a finished product on this earth. We're all in the process of becoming. We're constantly a work in progress.

So do your best and leave the rest. You'll die soon enough and what will it matter what others think or say about you? What will it matter your flaws or weaknesses? We all shall die and leave our bodies behind for the worms to consume. So isn't it a waste to worry so much about the shape of your nose or how awkward your legs are. It'd all decay!

I see death as the great balancer of life: it helps us put everything in perspective. So, follow the cause that has been laid out for you as best as you can. Give as much as you've received. And if life gives you lemons, then make lemonades. If life gives you tomatoes, make tomato sauce. Whatever that is. Because the truth is... It's not about who gets there first, but who had the most fun on the way.

Life is a journey of continual discovery and the man who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn is as good as dead. My one true desire is to have it said of me when I die: that he gave everything to being the best version of himself. After all, the greatest gift you can give to humanity is to make the most of yourself.

I don't want to be the next Muhammed Ali or the next Micheal Jordan? I don't want to be the next Jim Rohn or the next Fela Anikulapo Kuti. And regarding the later, goodluck with that. I just want to be Alex Avi; because it's only by being me that I can add the greatest value to the world. Hence, my first and foremost goal is to be the best version of myself, and my second most important aim is to bless humanity. And I know that if I pursue these two ambitions with all my heart, mine would be a life well lived. 


Comments