The Secret To Happiness

I'm just starting to realize how little I need to be happy in this life. I can go all year without watching tv or having some luxury item in my possession. I eat what I want and want what I eat. It really doesn't make that much difference to me. A friend of mine would often mock me by saying, “everything dey sweet for Alex mouth”. We used to assume it's because I couldn't cook, but now that I can cook, everything still tastes pretty damn well in my mouth. Lol...

True happiness lies in the realization of how little we need to stay happy and grateful in this life.  To be honest, most of the great ambitions that often troble people don't bother me. Yes, I do aspire to achieve great things in this life, but not necessarily for my own consumption or amusement. I want to earn lots of money so I can do more good in this world and to continue to give myself the basic comforts I require. 

The pursuit of goals for me is a way of bringing out the best in myself and discovering our far I'm willing to push myself and build-up my self-discipline. After all, life is nothing without self-control and a striving for something far much bigger than us.

The acquisition of stuffs does not guarantee happiness; we ought to be  happy whether we have stuffs or not. And the day you realize that there is really nothing in this world — that day you attain wisdom! Only ignorant and naive people take life too serious; because in the end, none of us is getting out of this shit alive. 


Comments