WHAT DO WOMEN WANT?

A lady I was once dating said the reason she don't see us being together in the long-run is because I can't carry her playfully on my back like a toddler. She always had dreams of getting married to a man who would carry her around like a baby on his back.

Back then, I felt that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard and one of the lamest excuse for a break-up. Today, I know better. I can certainly understand the appeal, women desire men that are husky and strong; men that can do manual chores around the house and protect them from harm. Unfortunately or fortunately, due to my physical handicap, she felt I couldn't offer her that.

Most girls grew-up with the stereotype man (father); who helped mummy around the house and defended his kids against bullies and external oppression. So, despite my several other good points, they seem to find it hard to ignore this one perceived deficiency. Recently, I've began to casually seek-out potential life partners, but I've noticed that the women are not particularly falling head over heels at my charm and sophisticated good looks. Lol…

Having lived with a “disability” for more than two decades, I've had to adapt myself both physically and mentally to the peculiar challenges that come with it; In fact, I no longer see it as a limitation because I do almost everything by myself like every other person. However, for someone who haven't lived with me to see how well I skillfully maneuver these challenges, it's quite difficult to get them to accept the reality of spending the rest of their lives with someone who they feel may not be able to help them around the house.

So, I've decided to be a little more persuasive and patient with the future mother of my kids; perhaps she needs a  little more convincing and cajoling as to the capability and resilient of this dude. After all, let's face it, despite my many other good qualities, a woman still needs to feel protected around her man. 

Comments