MY ALTER EGO

Who is your alter ego?

An  alter ego is that side of someone's personality which is not usually seen by other people. It is a second self or different version of oneself.

The name of my alter ego is Lex.v. He is the guy in the pictures. Handsome isn't he? Lol. So, who's Lex.v? 

He is a rapper who used to belong to a music group called ATL, back in Lagos. It was a hip-hop band of three young men — Lex.v, Alaba and T-Raj. Lex.v you could say was the lead singer.

We recorded two studio songs and only performed in three shows. I still remember the last one quite vividly: it was at a festival in Ikorodu. People walking-up to me and stuffing cash into my pockets like what the hell? I guess I was really that good... Lol

The band was dissolved in 2008, when Lex.v came to Bayelsa to pursue admission into the prestigious Niger Delta University. I believe it was at Amassoma that I became a nerd! Well, with all the University breeze blowing around, what else could I've done? 

During my undergrad days, I shared my nerd personality with Lex.v. I would say back then it was 60/40; with the latter having a lesser share. These days, my nerd persona have a personality share of 95%!

My alter ego is a ladies man! He adores the ladies and they like him too. Also, he loves to have fun, hang-out with friends, play video games and listen to rap music. He's a huge fan of 50 cent!

Lex.v is a really cool guy and people love to be around him. He's funny, caring and adventurous. He can be very wild sometimes, especially when he's a little bit tipsy. Ya, he drinks! So I don't think that guy would make it to heaven... Lol

To conclude, we all have an alter ego — that part of us that's hidden and only visible to those who really know us. Most times, it is the part of us we bring out only for certain occasions. For instance, I may need Lex.v to have a really good time and pamper myself a little, because Alex Avi is kind of a miser. While for Beyonce Knowles, she must become 'Sasha Pierce' her alter ego, to give her fans a good show on stage; Peter Parker must become Spiderman to keep the neighborhood safe; Cassius Clay is Mohammed Ali on the ring; and Zlatan Ibrahimovic must simply become god! 

So, who is your alter ego? What's he or she like? Is he a bookworm or a rockstar? Is she wild, timid or a genius? I'd really like to know. Please do tell. 


Comments