This Too Shall Pass

When I lost my dad on 26th July 2021; I felt like dying! I cried my eyes out, and my entire body ached with pain. The sorrow I felt during that period was beyond what I had ever felt in my entire life. I remember being so engulfed in darkness that I doubted the very existence of God!  

However, as time passed, I began to feel better and better every day. And though losing my father at the age of 59 would always be one of the greatest tragedies of my life, I no longer feel the way I used to feel when it happened. And thank God for that, because as stoic philosopher, Seneca wrote in his book ‘On the Shortness of Life': “No one could endure lasting adversity if it continued to have the same force as when it first hit us.”

So, dear reader, I don't know what is presently aching your heart; maybe you recently lost a loved one and you feel as though you'd never recover from it. Well, I have good news for you: this too shall pass! You'd carry the scar with you for the rest of your life, but you're going to heal; that I can assure you. Life will go on as usual and you will learn to laugh again. Because time indeed heals all wounds.

Comments