Learning How To Live

It was Seneca who said, “As long as you live, keep learning how to live.” I made it my chief and highest aim more than ten years ago to continue to learn and grow as long as I live. I've not had any reason to regret that decision.

Before retiring for the night each day I ask myself this question: “What have I learned today?” Because a day in which nothing was learned is a wasted day. And a life not devoted to learning how to live is a wasted life!

Living is an art and to do it well requires that we become students of life. And the best place to learn how to live well is by reading great books; especially the Bible. Great books contain within its covers the wisdom of a man or woman's whole lifetime. And only a fool would neglect the importance of books in helping him live the good life that he so desperately seeks.

Comments