MOMS

 

Mothers are the only people on earth who beat you for not doing what they asked you to do, and the only people who beat you for doing exactly what they ask you to do.

Some moms be like: “make sure you charge my phone when light comes”. Then unfortunately for you light comes and you plug her phone. When she returns home she would still beat you for touching her phone! Then you start wondering: “how can I charge the phone without touching it?” Moms, you gotta luv em!

My mom once saw a cigarette in one of my textbooks when I was in S.S 2! I knew I was going to die for sure. So I apprehensively waited for her to shout, yell and discipline me but nothing happened. Then I became even more scared because I felt she was going to tell my father, a no nonsense guy, about my recent sin. And my dad came back and still nothing happened. 

Actually, my mom never said anything about that cigarette she found in my school book, and till this day, that was the last time I ever experimented with cigarettes. Mothers, even their silence speak volumes! 

However, that same mother of mine would scold me for hours for failing to share something someone gave me with my younger ones. To my mom, selfishness is a greater sin than smoking! Till this day, I still can't comfortably eat alone because I always hear her voice in the background yelling at me to share. 

I probably know what you are thinking right about now: “this piece would have been more appropriate on Mother's Day”. But I disagree with you because every day is actually Mother's Day! Yes, we owe them that much.

Comments